Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions of Trading apply to all consumer contracts between Portabello Interiors (NW) Ltd and the Customer (‘you/your’) in relation to all sales of goods and services.
- Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
Who we are
- We are Portabello Interiors (NW) Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales. Our company number is 08547456.
- We have a policy of continuous product development and reserve the right to amend the specification of products without prior notice in relation to future sales.
- Goods supplied may differ as a consequence from those on display or advertised. Unless agreed with you, the goods supplied will be of equivalent value, functionality and appearance.
- Leather goods are made from quality natural leather and accordingly they may not be uniform in colour or texture. Some leathers will mellow with age and exposure to sunlight and heat.
- We will endeavour to match the colour and texture of the fabric or leather of your sofa to the samples chosen as accurately as possible, but variations in both the colour and texture may occur.
- The measurements for all pieces of furniture are given to the nearest 15mm per seat but are nevertheless an approximation.
- We require payment in full or a deposit if agreed before despatch of goods.
- If your payment cannot be processed for any reason (including, for example, stopped payment, refusal by the issuer of the card), your order may be cancelled and the contract with you ended immediately. We will inform you of this in writing.
- For all purchases we will contact you to arrange a delivery date when the furniture has been made.
- If you are unable, for whatever reason, to take delivery of your goods on the confirmed delivery date, we will charge you a fee of £50 per seat for subsequent delivery attempts.
- If we accidentally damage goods in the course of delivery, then our liability for that damage is limited to the repair, refund or replacement of the goods or the value thereof.
- Time of delivery is not of the essence in these Terms and Conditions of Trading. We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss of profits or other financial loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable delay or delay due to unforeseen circumstances outside of the reasonable control of Portabello Interiors (NW) ltd or delay due to any reasonable rescheduling of delivery. We endeavour to deliver all Beds, Headboards, Chairs and Footstools within 4 weeks and all sofas within 6 weeks.
- In busy periods we may delay delivery of your order by up to 6 weeks in order to ensure that it meets our agreed standards. If your order is over 12 weeks late - you will have an automatic right to a refund in full.
- Please note that if a delivery time is booked in and there is nobody to meet the driver, we will make a charge for redelivery. Our couriers reserve the right to deliver your pallet to the kerbside only, so please make sure you have any help you need to carry the furniture into your house.
- Outside the European Union we reserve the right to deliver to your nearest freight depot, this is usually in your nearest major city.
Returns & Refunds
- All our furniture with the exception of clearance items are made to your exact specifications and therefore cannot be cancelled once we have accepted your order.
- These orders fall outside the Distance selling regulations (2000) which states that personalised goods or goods made to a consumer’s specification are exempt.
- For all other furniture orders you have the right to cancel the order either before delivery or within 14 days of delivery. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If you are unable to accept delivery of your order for whatever reason, you will be responsible for any fees incurred if the courier returns it to us.
- The provisions of this clause 7 apply in addition to your statutory consumer rights in relation to faulty or misdescribed goods. These rights are not affected by the guarantee.
- For the purpose of this clause 7 the guarantor is, Portabello Interiors (NW) Ltd, Forrest Street, Blackburn, BB1 3BB
- All furniture carries a 10-year guarantee against faulty workmanship and/or faulty materials.
- Guarantees may not be transferred.
- These guarantees do not cover fair wear and tear, neglect, abuse or misuse of your goods, loss or damage (including rusting and corrosion) due to unreasonable exposure to water or weather; loss or damage due to fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, sunlight, infestation by animals or boring insects, or theft, or accidental damage or loss caused by a third party.
Claims Under Guarantee
- In the event of a claim under guarantee occurring, please contact PORTABELLO
- We will endeavour to repair the defective goods free of charge. If a repair is not possible you will be offered a replacement and only if a suitable replacement is not available will you be offered a refund.
- We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss of profits or other financial loss or damage arising out of defective, damaged or wrongly delivered goods, over and above the value of the goods themselves. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Our guarantees are limited to goods sold and retained in the United Kingdom, and used solely for private and domestic purposes.
- Claims Under Guarantee
- The following terms and conditions in this clause 10, apply only to purchases made through the Internet/Web
- All our non stock furniture is made to your exact specifications and therefore cannot be cancelled once we have accepted your order.
- In respect of all other purchases you have the right to cancel your order up to 14 days after the delivery date. You must keep the product in a saleable condition and retain the original packaging in the condition it was provided.
- Should you require a refund or you have any other query or complaint, please contact PORTABELLO
- Our head office is Portabello Interiors (NW) ltd, Forrest Street, Blackburn, BB1 3BB
- We endeavour to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However, we cannot guarantee that your monitor will accurately reflect the colour of the product delivered.
- The contract shall not be concluded until we have received your valid credit card charge or debit card payment details and we have accepted the order by way of a confirmation by return email to the address you have given us during the registering procedure and on ordering.
- Every effort is made to ensure the complete accuracy of our website however some prices/details may change from time to time and it is possible that error may occur. We will use our best endeavours to rectify any errors as swiftly as possible but we cannot be responsible for any losses incurred.
- We are entitled to refuse any order placed by you.
- To the maximum extent permissible by law, we exclude all warranties, expressed or implied as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on the website. We cannot accept any liability for any particular material on the website or as a result of any use or reliance placed upon information contained on the website.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this website is done at your own discretion and risk. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer systems or loss of data that results from the download of such materials.
- The above do not affect your statutory rights.
- Portabello Interiors (NW) ltd is a registered data controller in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’). We process your personal data in accordance with the Act
- These terms and conditions of trading are governed by and are to be construed in accordance with the laws of the England and Wales.
- Portabello Interiors (NW) ltd is obliged by law to provide the following information The website portabellointeriors.com is operated and owned by Portabello Interiors (NW) ltd.
- Registered Office: Portabello Interiors Forrest Street Blackburn BB1 3BB